Dakar. Karachi. Singapore. The shark-infested waters beyond Lae, New Guinea. Breathe the Sky is the first novel to explore the dangerous, madcap course of Amelia Earhart’s last voyage. At the apex of her career, when the 39-year-old aviatrix decided to fly around the world and set one final record, few could understand why. Even her husband, George Putnam, heir to the media and publishing empire, warned her not to go. Yet she was resolute in her decision. She would circumnavigate the globe at its widest point, the equatorial line, or die trying.
Meticulously researched and vetted by a veteran pilot, Breathe the Sky fills in the gaps that biography and history have not. It fleshes out the pilot at her most pivotal moment. It brings her to life once more, securing her place in the pantheon of great explorers, while inspiring risk and adventure in its readers.Buy on Amazon Buy on Barnes & Noble
See what people are saying:
- ForeWord Magazine announces BREATHE THE SKY is a FINALIST for Book-of-the-Year in the category of Historical Fiction!
- Booklist gives Breathe the Sky a rave review!
- New Haven Advocate writes “Chandra Prasad’s Amelia Earhart is bigger, grander, and more dramatic”
- India New England says “Prasad’s Prose Soars With New Earhart Novel”
- New Haven Register, “Hamden’s Chandra Prasad Takes Readers on Amelia Earhart’s Last Flight”
- USA Today cover story on Amelia Earhart takes note of Breathe the Sky
- Connecticut’s WTNH Channel 8 with video clip, Chandra Prasad talks Breathe the Sky and Amelia Earhart on Good Morning Connecticut
- Connecticut Magazine spotlights Breathe the Sky: A Novel Inspired by the Life of Amelia Earhart, Read an interview with the author and find out where to buy the November 2009 issue
- Lokvani chats with Prasad about Earhart, literary inspiration, and being mixed race
- WMNF Sarasota Speaks radio chats with Prasad about all things Amelia